if you’re following my blog you would notice that i’m a Japanese food addict! 😛
i luv making my own maki rolls …I’ve tried lots and lots of recipes but this one is the best
- first of all prepare the sushi rice because it takes time !
- Wash 1 cup of sushi rice *enough for 3 rolls*- thoroughly in cold water until the water get clean and drain
- Cover the rice with cold water and stand for 20 min
- Drain & rinse
- Add the rice to 400 ml of water in a pan and bring to boil
- Reduce the heat and cover *after you cover it don’t ever open it that’s really important! *
- Simmer for 10 min only!
- Close the heat and keep it on side for more 10 min! *again don’t open it at all*
- 4 tbs of rice vinegar mix it with pinch of salt & 2 tbs of sugar mix it up until dissolve on low heat then let it cool on room temp. – *or use only 4 tbs of the seasoned rice vinegar !*
- now follow this video only from 2:46 min until the end for cooling the rice
- now you’re rice is ready 😀
- remember to cover the bamboo sushi mat with plastic wrap to keep it clean
- bring small bowl & fill it with cold water so you can dip ur hand in it if the rice it’s too sticky !*optional*
- lay the soybean sheet or the nori on top of a sushi mat (see image below).
- spread thin layer of the rice without squashing it and keep one of sides clear about 1cm (see image below)
- fill it with what ever you like , for me i added tempura shrimps,avocado,cucumber,crabs and spicy mayo *YUM*
- Roll up , slice, and serve!
- The spicy mayo ingredients :
- you can find all the ingredients in lulu-hyper or singarea-supermarket
- there is lots of crab kinds make sure it looks like the( below image)
- keep the crab 4 hours out of the freeze to separate them easily (see the image below) * DON’T EVER NEVER DEFROST THEM IN MICROWAVE*
- for the tempura batter mix i’ll write it in separate post soon inshallah
12 thoughts on “Sushi\ Maki rolls recipe !”
Great stuff 3ateeja…shayashtene I wanna eat japanese food…I’m a Jap addict myself Tara
thank you! .. yeah it’s so addictive 😛
mashallah 3aleech fananah .. Bl3afyah o well done ..
alla y3afech thnx dear ;*
offaaaaihh pretty yummy wallah
thank you 😀
yuuuuummy ❤ ❤
لازم اجربها اقرب وقت ممكن
بس اخلص الدايت 😛
يعطيج العافية :*
allaa y3afeech ,
loooool khalch mn el-diet o estmt3y bel bal3a 😛
halaa walaa, tsawenly?
afa 3alech cham noon 3ndna 😀
3ateeejaaa ,,,,,, i have been looking all around the coountry (Kuwait) to find Nori Sushi Sheets, Sushi Rice and Rice vinegar, but did not find anything, where do u buy your stuff?
you can find all you need in Singarea supermarket ( https://3ateeja.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/singarea-supermarket-restaurant/ ) or in Saveco.